Wednesday 7 October 2009

filthy animals



So I am between jobs at the moment, Which gives me lots of time to spend with Basil. Yesterday we walked in the local woods and we met Lee the international football talent scout from eighties Liverpool, and his Staffy pup Rocky.The two pups are exactly the same age and they loved each other.

Lee and I discussed the problems facing the English youth game, of which he feels partly to blame. He told me how important it is when taking on a young Argentinian superstar to know how he may react to being two nil down on a wet No vember night in Darlington..

While we talked, (me giving my best, fake, bloke footy banter). The two pups raced and wrestled each other filthy.I had to shower him straight away, pulling out loads of thistle heads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a bloomin lovely entry!
lee sounds charming.
an 80s talent scout for liverpool...enough to make a bored academic lass go weak at the knees!