Thursday 12 August 2010

present memory


On Sunday I went to the Tate modern. My Dad came along and he was interested in a short film installation by Alejandrlo Cesarco..
The Artists father was filmed and shown in a short loop of flickering film. He has just being diagnosed with a terminal illness.
My Dad had picked up the accompanying booklet and was keen to know what I thought of it all..
I have been diligently reading it and trying to comprehend..This paragraph contains the nub of the essence of the piece..
" The photograph is literally an emanation of the referent. From a real body, which was there, proceeded radiations which ultimately touch me, who am here; the duration of the transmission is insignificant; the photograph, as Sontag says, will touch me like the delayed rays of a star.
A sort of umbilical chord links the body of the photographed thing: light though impalpable, is here a carnal medium, a skin I share."
I love it

No comments: