Friday 18 April 2008

European Fraternity

So perhaps I was a little harsh about Italy on my previous blog..There were some positive aspects to our trip..I was just so disheartened by the lack of friendliness..If for example ,an Italian family travelled up to Britain for a camping holiday..British people would , in general, go out of their way to make them feel welcome..They would ask where they are from..And maybe give some tips or advice about things to see or visit....
We were in Italy for three weeks..In that time the only people that I spoke with were people who wanted money..I really wanted to speak, I learned some Italian..I speak a little German and a little more French..Perhaps we didn't travel far enough south..We only got as far as Rome, and It was Hot..And unpleasant to drive..When we finally got back to France, with its magnificent roads and courteous drivers..It was such a relief ..I cycled into the village of Castellane next morning.Shopped for bread and lunch.Exchanged pleasantry's with my fellow Europeans and cycled back to our spacious site with a grin on my face..Good old the French..

No comments: