Friday 30 May 2008

Caring community


Yesterday was hectic. We moved out of our appartment into our camper. Many trips up and down the lift, but at midnight we were settled...As I was driving through the town, "a bit gingerly because of the size of our van.".A young woman fell heavily on a crossing. She was immediatley attended by other pedestrians and I stopped, asked if she was ok?..

She looked up and gave me a little thumbs up with her tounge sticking out of the corner of her mouth, a bit sheepish. I was relieved and happy to carry on...

A few months ago my daughter fell exiting a tube train in London. She was a bit bumped and grazed but she was really upset that no one had stopped to offer a hand or a caring word...

People are kind here. When Father Christmas knocks the door on Christmas eve, he enquires. "Are there any kind children in this house?.."
Don't you think our bikes look good together...

No comments: