Tuesday 20 May 2008

Loving Cornwall


In a few weeks, we are travelling down to Cornwall...I have rented a people carrier, as my parents are coming along with us..The cottage is in a little village, snug in a valley with a shingle cove beach.
After days spent swimming and snorkeling, jumping off rocks and fishing, we will have an evening meal, then a wander to the old Inn...have a couple of ales then stroll back to the cottage looking at the stars thick in the sky...
There is a wood burner in the living room, so we will have a bit of a chat, debate and perhaps a bit of a singalong gathered around it...In Cornwall the dry stone walls are all fluffy with Lichen and the landscape is stiff with magic...
When I was a boy, my Dad told me that on midsummer the rabbits peeled off their skins and danced around as pixies in the moonlight...

No comments: