Monday 12 May 2008

Having racist thoughts


So here in Goteburg there are many recent immigrants..The rule is that if they find work quickly, then their families can join them..If after four years, they are still unemployed..Then the families may join them..It means that any new arrival must quickly learn Swedish..

The Swedes that I have spoken with are a laid back bunch and they are not at all vociferous with their opinions.. Unlike myself, "sorry bout that"..

In the City I have observed young Turkish/ Balkan looking men..Tough looking, behaving machoistically..It stands out fiercely here, where young Swedish men have impeccable manners and are gentle natured with no, territory issues..But.. I get these ugly little racist thoughts..About my territory, and my Country.."New Europe"...

I am a pretty good racist, and I soon get a lid on it..But I do feel a little filthy just the same..

When I was a boy, my Ma made me wear a dodgy leather hat..A black lad called Patrick Jones spat on it..That was the last time I wore it..I was sure it reeked of Bananas..

I must have started early...

No comments: