Sunday 4 May 2008

Riding off my tea


Today we have been riding our bikes all over..We followed the riverbank along to the old boat restoration yard. People were painting and rubbing down bits of boat, some of them really old and battered..Then we cycled back and had a coffee at the Maritime museum. Sat on top of an old tramp steamer drinking strong coffee..
After lunch we headed inland to Skatas..It is in the woods where we first camped in October..Lots of flowers out and Swedes running, ski training, power walking..
Wife and I walked around a lake, if it had been a little warmer I might have skinny dipped..
On the way back there was a trendy cafe with some Italians posing in sunglasses..We soon joined in ,I with a double espresso, and new Police 08 aviators..
After our dinner I wheeled down to the harbour and watched the sun set over the Eriksberg shipyard..Oblique sunlight wobbling pastel shades all over the harbour..Smelled nicely Briny..

No comments: